WordGurgle

P U B L I S H E R:Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine/Del Rey
P U B L I S H -- D A T E: July 12, 2016
I S B N: 9781101967515
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Dark Fantasy

On a cool evening in Kolkata, India, beneath a full moon, as the whirling rhythms of traveling musicians fill the night, college professor Alok encounters a mysterious stranger with a bizarre confession and an extraordinary story. Tantalized by the man's unfinished tale, Alok will do anything to hear its completion. So Alok agrees, at the stranger's behest, to transcribe a collection of battered notebooks, weathered parchments, and once-living skins. From these documents spills the chronicle of a race of people at once more than human yet kin to beasts, ruled by instincts and desires blood-deep and ages-old. The tale features a rough wanderer in seventeenth-century Mughal India who finds himself irrevocably drawn to a defiant woman—and destined to be torn asunder by two clashing worlds. With every passing chapter of beauty and brutality, Alok's interest in the stranger grows and evolves into something darker and more urgent. Shifting dreamlike between present and past with intoxicating language, visceral action, compelling characters, and stark emotion, The Devourers offers a reading experience quite unlike any other novel.

This book was an interesting and unique read for me. I’m not much into werewolves, of any type, however, this isn’t really a werewolf story, at least not in the sense I’m used to. They are not the only characters either. There is a rack of . . . (MORE)

Source: http://www.wordgurgle.blogspot.com