WordGurgle

Word Gurgle

B O O K--R E V I E W S--F O R--A L L--G E N R E S

The Humanity of Monsters

The Humanity of Monsters - Neil Gaiman, Laird Barron, Joe R. Lansdale, Catherynne M. Valente, Kij Johnson, Nathan Ballingrud, Gemma Files, Kaaron Warren, Rachel Swirsky, Indrapramit Das, Maria Dahvana Headley, Chinelo Onwualu, Sofia Samatar, Michael Matheson

T I T L E: The Humanity of Monsters
A U T H O R: Chinelo Onwualu, Kaaron Warren, Catherynne M. Valente, Gemma Files, Peter Watts, Indrapramit Das, Leah Bobet, Sofia Samatar, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Sonya Taaffe, Yoon Ha Lee, Neil Gaiman, Joe Lansdale, Rachel Swirsky, Maria Dahvana Headley, Sunny Moraine, Berit Ellingsen, Polenth Blake, Kij Johnson, Laird Barron, Alex Dally MacFarlane, Livia Llewellyn, Nathan Ballingrud, A.C. Wise, Meghan McCarron. Introduction by: Michael Matheson.
P U B L I S H E R: Diamond Book Distributors/Chizine Publications
P U B L I S H--D A T E: January 12, 2016
I S B N: 9781771483599
Dark Fantasy

We are all of us monsters. We are none of us monsters. Through the work of twenty-six writers, emerging to award-winning and masters of their craft, The Humanity of Monsters plumbs the depths of humane monsters, monstrous humans, and the interstices between. In stories by turns surreal, sublime, brutal, and haunting, there are no easy answers to be found, no simple nor uncomplicated labels to be had. Only the surety that though there be monsters, you will name them false. And when you meet those who truly are, you will not know them.

Read review on: