WordGurgle

Word Gurgle

B O O K--R E V I E W S--F O R--A L L--G E N R E S

Death at Dovecote Hatch by Dorothy Cannell

Death at Dovecote Hatch: A 1930s country house murder mystery: (A Florence Norris Mystery) - Dorothy Cannell
T I T L E: Death at Dovecote
S E R I E S: A Florence Norris Mystery (N°2)
A U T H O R: Dorothy Cannell
P U B L I S H E R: Severn House Publishers
P U B L I S H--D A T E: July 1, 2015
I S B N: 9780727884800
Literature/Fiction (Adult); Mystery, Thriller

This is the second novel in the Florence Norris series. The setting is the peaceful village of Dovecote Hatch and the year is 1932. Just a few months prior, there had been a murder at Mullings, the estate of the wealthy Stodmarsh family. When the body of Kenneth Tenneson is found at the bottom of the stairs in his home, Bogmire, the news of another violent death makes its way through the sedate village which is still recovering from the events of the previous months. However, the coroner's inquest rules that it was an accident. The very observant housekeeper from Mullings, Florence Norris suspects that there is more to the death than meets the eye. The appearance of a second will seems to confirm her suspicions. When the document turns up it reveals Tenneson family secrets which could have devastating effects on those involved. Florence searches for the truth and attempts to put together the pieces of the mysterious puzzle in order to keep another tragedy from happening.

Read review on: